CROcodile timber frames
WHy timber FRAME CONSTRUCTION?
A timber frame structure replaces traditional masonry or steel frame type structures that have been used extensively in the UK.
Timber frame construction uses engineered timber studs, rails and beams together with structural sheathing boards, to form a structural frame that transmits all vertical and horizontal loads to the foundations.
A timber frame structure will be professionally designed and engineered to ensure that it adheres to all required building regulations and will normally outperform all environmental targets.
For more details on Timber Frame Construction please visit the below websites:
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TIMBER FRAME?
There are many reasons to choose a timber frame structural approach for your building project, including:
Timber Frame Construction continues to grow at an impressive rate in the UK, with more and more industries and individuals choosing it as their preferred building method.
It is easy to see why.
1. Lower Raw Material Costs
- A Timber Frame will cost far less in terms of raw materials than its masonry equivalent.
2. Lower Construction Costs
- Faster install times means less time on site, which cuts overheads.
3. SUPERIOR THERMAL EFFICIENCY - CHEAPER TO HEAT
- Easier to insulate – a wide range of options are available to insulate timber frame panels making it easier and cheaper to hit low U value targets.
- Timber frame is generally regarded as the most thermally efficient building method available.
- Efficient insulation and air tightness delivers huge savings on heating bills.
4. Far Faster Erection Times – Weeks not Months
- All the timber frame components are designed and manufactured off site so that installation work can proceed as quickly as possible.
- Because the build programme can be properly planned, following trades can be pre-booked, which again will save time and money.
5. THE ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY OPTION
- Timber frame construction has a POSITIVE effect on CO2 emissions – more trees are planted by timber producers during post-harvest re-forestation than are used in the timber frame structure.
- Exceptional thermal efficiency means less heating and an even lower carbon footprint. nt
- Crocodile uses a biomass boiler system to re-cycle wood waste from the production processes and to heat the factory. As a result material waste on site is minimised, along with the need for expensive and inefficient recycling activity.
6. RIGHT FIRST TIME
- Because all parts are made under factory conditions with properly managed quality control procedures, time consuming errors on site are eliminated, providing a smooth project roll-out…NO MISTAKES, NO DELAYS
- Timber Frames Construction techniques can be used for a wide range of projects from individual houses to multi storey apartments, hotels, schools and commercial buildings.
- Timber Frame is the perfect choice for one-off, innovative projects